- Advancements in centralized data-collection systems will streamline compliance and regulatory/enforcement interactions.
- Increasing deployment of data-sharing and analytics will help target the inspection process and ensure transparency.
- Enhanced data collection will help ensure compliance with national and international requirements.
- Technological advances will require revamped training of port/border workforce to upgrade technical skills.
- Expanded use of information technology to fight corruption will increase digitization of cross-border trade transactions to minimize human interactions, shifting workforce needs.
- Development of systems to enhance efficiencies and reduce costs also will increase trade volume and revenues by providing improved revenue-collection assurance.
- Development of multi-faceted approaches will better ensure cargo security and port/border safety, including deployment of detection tools such as non-intrusive inspection equipment.