- Enhance risk awareness and response;
- Develop security culture and human capability;
- Improve technological resources and innovation;
- Improve oversight and quality assurance; and,
- Increase cooperation and support.
The plan identifies a key outcome as improved technological resources and increased innovation. ICAO says this outcome can be achieved through the following:
- Enhance technical advice to States.
- Promote innovative techniques and technologies by States and industry.
- Promote consistency of technical specifications for security equipment.
- Consider minimum technical specifications for security equipment.
- Increase use of appropriate technology for screening and facilitation.
- Develop and improve the efficiency of certification processes and operational use of security equipment, including human factors.
- Consider and evaluate the use of passenger information to inform and assist aviation security.
The full report is available here: bit.ly/S2Global_ICAOGASEP